Job Description: Pipe Layer
Dan’s Excavating, Inc. is seeking Highly Skilled Pipe Layers for Heavy & Highway Construction work in the Greater Detroit Areas for the 2021 and beyond seasons.
- Must be able to pass Drug Test & Preplacement Physical
- Ability to travel depending on project
- Must have 2-5 years minimum Heavy/Civil Construction Experience
- Must understand & comply with all company safety policies & procedures
- Must be able to communicate with equipment operators
- Ability to bend, push, pull, stoop and/or twist
- Must be able to follow verbal instructions
- Must be able to dig trenches to locate utilities using hand or trenching tools
- Must be able to handle, fit/cut & install drainage, sewer, water & associated items
- Must be able to fine grading trench bottoms to correct elevation, manual placement & compaction of pipe bedding
- Must be able to perform strenuous work in varying weather conditions
- Construction of sewer or drain manholes which includes finishing of poured in place concrete inverts
- Setting up pipe laser, layout of pipe routes following written & or verbal instructions with Supervisors
- Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities & management styles
- Must be a Team Player w/strong interpersonal & verbal skills
- Must be dedicated & hard working
- Pay is per Union Scale
JOB TYPE: Full Time
Please enter your information in the form below
Are you 18 years or older?
Do you have reliable transportation?
Date available to start work?
Desired Hourly Pay?
Do you have any special training, skills, qualifications or other experience that relates to this position?
High School Name
High School City/State
High School Dates (Year)
Did you graduate?
College Dates (Year)
Did you graduate?
Past Work History Section
Job 1 Name
Job 1 Position
Job 1 City/State
Job 1 Phone
Job 1 Dates (To/From)
Job 1 Description
Job 2 Name
Job 2 Position
Job 2 City/State
Job 2 Phone
Job 2 Dates (To/From)
Job 2 Description
Job 3 Name
Job 3 Position
Job 3 City/State
Job 3 Phone
Job 3 Dates (To/From)
Job 3 Description
DISCLAIMER AND SIGNATURE
Upon the signing of this application, I represent that all of the information now or hereafter given by me in support of my application is true and complete. I authorize you to verify any of the information concerning my background, including but not limited to, my employment, driving record, education, criminal history, or medical history (post-offer only), with the appropriate individuals, companies, institutions or agencies and I authorize them to release such information as you require, including my prior disciplinary employment record, without any obligation to give me written notice of such disclosure. I also authorize you to release any information requested by any of my prospective or subsequent employers without any obligation to give me written notice of such disclosure. I hereby release you and them from any liability whatsoever as a result of any such inquiries and disclosures and this release from liability does not waive or prohibit an individual from filing a charge of discrimination under the laws enforced by the EEOC. I agree that any false information in support of my application may subject me to discharge at any time during the period of my employment.
I agree that either party may terminate the employment relation, with or without cause, at any time, and I further agree that this arrangement may only be altered in writing directed to me personally and signed by the president of the firm. I agree that I shall be bound by the other rules, policies, regulations and terms and conditions of employment of the firm as they are from time to time changed and no additional obligations can be imposed on the firm except those which have been acknowledged in writing, by the president or his designated representatives.
I agree that any action or suit against the firm, its agents or employees, arising out of my employment or termination of employment, including, but not limited to, claims arising under State and Federal law, but not Federal civil rights statutes containing a separate limitations period, must be brought within 180 days of the event giving rise to the claims or be forever barred unless the applicable statute of limitations period is shorter than 180 days in which case I will continue to be bound by that shorter limitations period. I waive any limitation periods to the contrary. I further agree that if I should bring any non-statutory action or claim arising out of my employment against the firm, in which the firm prevails, I will pay to the firm any and all such costs incurred by the firm in defense of said claims or actions, including attorney fees. I further agree that my employment is conditional until such time as the results of my post-offer physical are known.